Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Indie Jogger - A Place To Discover Indie Music For Your Jog

I was on a jog today and was thinking about how listening to music affects your run. It's amazing how the right music makes your run (even on a cold, rainy Northwest day like today) more enjoyable.

I run a small indie label that focuses on surf & garage rock called Double Crown Records, and also have a blog site that covers that kinda music along with odd bits of pop culture. However, I am a fan of all types of music - indie, dance, electronic, Brit Pop, New Wave, etc. This blog site allows me to cover this kind of music that really wouldn't fit in with my record label site or my other blog site, but it will also tie in with jogging, running races and a little bit of soccer (my favorite sport, and of course, running is a vital part of soccer).

I use an iPod Nano with a Nike/Apple running kit. On average I run about 5-10 miles per week. I also play on 3 soccer teams, so that's another 90-270 minutes of running per week.

Each week I will cover an album, plus a few additional tunes, that worked well on my jog. If any of you reading this have personal faves please leave a commment - I'll check out your selection and possibly write about it in the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have found Wolf Like Me to be an amazing starter for a great run!
Hope that helps